Arcade Cabinet #5

Published 1st Mar 2012

The top part is still being worked on, but won’t be long now!

So in the mean time I worked on the base cabinet. Firstly I added a shelf in the middle to hold the consoles and other bits and bobs, and it also has an added benefit of making the cabinet a little bit more rigid. Then I made a pair of “legs”, by using 40mm aluminium square tubes, plus some tube caps to protect the ends. Then the tubes were of course attached on. The last thing I did was to add a bunch of sticky felt pads to the bottom of the cabinet everywhere, to protect my precious teak flooring.

The end result looks alright I think.